Regulations and conditions for participation
for the Gustav Mahler Academy 2008
- The master classes are open exclusively to musicians between the ages of 18 and 26.
- The number of musicians accepted for the master classes 2008 will be distributed as follows:
4 double basses
1 bass drum.
- The participants for the master classes will be selected by the artistic director, whereby older musicians on the verge of beginning a professional career will be given preference.
- Musicians that have not passed an audition for the Gustav Mahler Jugendorchester, must go through a separate selection procedure (examination of CV and training); aside from the members of the Gustav Mahler Jugendorchester, others musicians personally recommended by the responsible music academy directors in Italy and Europe may be admitted to the master classes.
- Under parity of qualification, 52% of the available places in the academy are reserved for woman.
- Registration for the master classes entails sending the correctly completed registration form to the office of the foundation at the following address:
Fondazione "Gustav Mahler - Musica e Gioventů"
Piazza Domenicani 25 - I - 39100 BOLZANO
Tel.: +39 0471 301712 - Fax: +39 0471 301391
- Deadline for registrations is June 13th 2008.
- Only those registrations will be considered valid, which are signed by the applicant.
- Participants are entitled to the reimbursement of travel costs and a scholarship of Euro 80,00 per week.
- Participants will be given accommodations in a hotel with full board pension in the city center for the duration of the courses at the expense of the Gustav Mahler Academy. Every participant with residence in Bolzano have no right on accommodation in the hotel but the right to the same meals as the other participants.
- A good command of German and/or English is desired.
- Participants will only be permitted to use the telephone, fax and copy machine in the secretary in exceptional cases.
- Material borrowed from the secretary and from the conservatory library - music or other material - must be returned undamaged.
- Participants are personally responsible for all borrowed material and for any damage to instruments that may occur.
- Access to the course rooms is only permitted according to the schedule determined by the foundation and the conservatory.
- The Gustav Mahler Academy will contract separate insurance for non-EU citizens in case of accident or illness; EU citizens, on the other hand, must be in possession of the European health insurance card, which entitles them to medical services in the Bolzano hospital.
- Costs for private doctor appointments or examinations by a specialist will not be covered by the Gustav Mahler Academy.
- Reimbursement of travel costs can only be made via bank transfer and following the receipt of the original tickets.
- Additional costs that may be incurred due to travel reservation changes will not be covered by the Gustav Mahler Academy.
- Costs of use of taxi and own car cannot be reimbursed.
- The Gustav Mahler Academy will not be responsible for the costs of transportation of sick persons, if these costs are not covered by the health insurance.
- Participants must confirm their attendance every day by signing the specially designed register.