Regulations and conditions for participation
for the Gustav Mahler Academy 2012
- The master classes are open exclusively to strings who on September 9th 2012 are no younger than a full 18 years and no older than a full 26 years of age and to winds and one timpanist who on the same date are note younger than a full 18 years and no older than a full 27 years of age.
- During selection phase, priority of admission is given to members of the Gustav Mahler Jugendorchester.The musicians of the GMJO are not obliged to send in their resume. In case of free places other high qualified European musicians can be admitted to the master classes. These musicians therefore have to send their curriculum vitae (max. 20 lines of text) in English or German together with the application documents.
- 10% of the available places in the academy is reserved to students of the Conservatory of Bolzano who have been pointed out for their artistic merits by the director of the Conservatory.
- Under parity qualification, 52% of the available places are reserved for woman.
- The number of musicians accepted for the master classes 2012 will be distribuited as follows:
4 double basses
* 2 pianists *only for musicians from the Conservatory of Bolzano.
- The participants for the master classes will be selected by the artistic director. The musicians shall be notified by e-mail with regard to the results of the selection within the first week of July.
- Registration for the master classes entails sending the correctly completed registration form, the privacy law form and the authorizaion form for use of images and for audio and video recording, to the office of the foundation at the following address:
Fondazione "Gustav Mahler - Musica e gioventů -"
Piazza Domenicani 25
39100 Bolzano- ITALIA
In the case of first application, it is mandatory to attach a copy of a valid identification document to the application.
The registration form can also be sent in a telematic way, trough our web site under the menu item "Registration".
- Deadline for registration is June 9th 2012.
- Only the application signed by the candidate and with all requested documents attached shall be considered valid.
- It is preferable that double basses players bring their own instruments to the courses. Should they require the Gustav Mahler Foundation to provide the instrument, they must submit a specific request for it after their admission to the courses has been confirmed. In the latter case, they shall be expected to pay caution in the amount of EURO 100,00 within one week after receiving the letter of invitation, in a bank account in the name of Gustav Mahler Foundation (Bank detalil: IBAN IT 90 A 06045 11600 000000 450000, BIC CRBZIT2B090). Said caution money shall be refunded at the end of the courses only if the instrument is returned free of any damage caused by the musicians. Otherwise, the sum shall be withheld by way of partial compensation for damages.
- Participants will be given accomodations in a hotel in Twin Rooms in the city center for the duration of the courses at the expense of the Gustav Mahler Foundation. Participants may take their meals at a student cafeteria at the expense of the Gustav Mahler Foundation. Every participant with residence in Bolzano have no right on accomodation in the hotel but the right to the same meals as other participants.
- Participants are entitled to the reimbursement of travel costs.Travel expenses exceeding EURO 400,00 and travel expenses for departure from a location that is not the participant's place of residence or of study, must be agreed with the secretary. Otherwise, this expenses cannot be reimbursed.
- Reimbursement of travel costs can only be made via bank or post transfer and following the receipt of the original tickets.People flying, will have to deliver also the boarding passes. All travel tickets shall be sent by october 31st 2012. Otherwise expenses will not be reimbursed.
- Additional costs that may be incurred due to the travel reservation changes will not covered by the Gustav Mahler Foundation.
- Costs of use of taxi and own car cannot be reimbursed.
- A good command of German and/or English is desired.
- Class attendance is mandatory.
- Participants must be confirm their attendance every day by signing the specially designed register.
- Particioants will only be permitted to use the telephone, fax and copy machine in the secretary in exceptional cases.
- Material borrowed from the secretary and from the conservatory library - music or other material - must be returned undamaged. Participants are personally responsible for all borrowed material and for any damage to instruments that may occur.
- Access to the course rooms is only permitted according to the schedule determined by the foundation.
- The Gustav Mahler Foundation will contract separate insurance for non-EU citizens in case of accident or illness; EU citizens on the other hand, must be in possession of the European health insurance card, which entitles them to medical services in the Bolzano hospital.
- Costs of private doctor appointments or examinations by a specialist will not covered by the Gustav Mahler Foundation.
- The Gustav Mahler Foundation will not be responsible for the costs of transportation of sick persons, if these costs are not covered by health insurance.